Hey, it's the new year!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yeah, it is. It's currently 1st January 2006. And here's a trivia: did u know that we actually experienced 2005 a second longer than the requisite 365 days? Read about it here. It just confirms my suspicions that 1 year is actually not EXACTLY 365 days, but more like 365.something2 days. And the leap month (28th Feb every 4 years) was not enough to account for that difference.

Anyway.

Did you guys go and celebrate the new year? I didn't (never did, actually). I just stayed at home surfing the Net and talking with my girlfriend via Skype (Skype should really launch Skype-out in Malaysia, as it can definitely help us save a lot of money!). There were fireworks launched, but I just didn't have the urge to watch them. To me, it's just a new year. Nothing special about it. What's more important is how we reminisce what we have done in 2005, learn from those experiences, and plan ahead for 2006.

I don't have any resolutions for the new year, and I never did plan any resolution for any new year, as I know that if I were to do so, I would not be able to complete it. But I think the best resolution would be to be a better person than I was in previous years; physically, mentally, and spritually. For Muslims: let's all become a better Muslim. Amin.

On a side note, what are the email accounts that you guys use? Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail? Or something else? In my case, I have accounts for all three, but the one I primarily use is Hotmail. And I'm currently beta-testing the new future version of Hotmail, dubbed Windows Live Mail. It's neat, simple, and much better compared to the current version of Hotmail. It resembles Outlook, where you can modify the appearance of the interface, resize the borders, read your email in the Reading Pane, etc. And the account size limit has even been increased to 2000 MB. Well, it is less than Gmail's 2.6 GB but still, 2000 MB is a lot of space!

Windows Live Mail Beta. Neater than Hotmail, isn't it?

Actually, I prefer Gmail more than Windows Live Mail, but I still use Windows Live Mail because I don't want to go through the hassle of changing the email address I give to people.

If you want to sign up for Windows Live Mail Beta, click here.

Happy new year everyone!


Posted by Nikman Shah at 2:06 pm
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...