My 2nd day and my friend's wedding

Saturday, January 14, 2006

First off, let me start by saying that I woke up at 11 this morning! Hehe... I guess working life really takes its toll on you. Weekends are the time that we can rest and recuperate.

You know, I think I'm interested with the job that I am about to face in Panasonic Compressor R&D (hereafter referred as PCRADM). As I said in the previous post, the job is basically like the job I was exposed to in Technip. Like at Technip, I am initially overwhelmed by the various information that I need to learn about compressors, but hopefully by maybe 1 month or so, I can catch up with everyone.

And I really hope that the 2 new R&D Engineers that PCRADM plans to hire will come ASAP, since I really need a fellow newbie to learn the ropes here. At least I won't be alone as a newbie. Now, I'm quite lonely at the office because I have yet to find a common ground that I can share with my colleagues which can eventually help me bond with them. But I guess that type of thing is normal, because at Technip previously, it took me close to 2 months before I started bonding with people not sitting near my cubicle.

During my 2nd day on the job, I am still in orientation mode. I had to attend further briefings (again attended by my own self - no one else participating) that can hopefully help me know more about the job. I was also brought around the R&D building twice: once with my team leader, and the 2nd time with another team's leader (who's a Japanese: really hard to understand what he's saying!). Apart from those rounds, I just sat in the briefing room and listened to talks by my colleagues.

Oh yeah, I attended the morning assembly at 7.45 a.m., and it was a simple assembly, actually. Every staff has to take turns speaking in front, one person per assembly. This time, I had to introduce myself as a new staff there, so I just gave a brief introduction of myself to them. Hmmm... quite simple actually. We are supposed to sing the company song, but I observed that no one actually sings it. They just listened to the song's music only. Good then.

About my friend's wedding: Lini and Mizan's nikah ceremony was last night at Lini's house. Many people attended it, and I was able to meet a lot of my friends, mostly my primary schoolmates. But I was a bit unsure of talking to them (particularly the girls... shy kot? Ahahaha!), so I just sat and talked with Adzmir, Shep, and Hafiz.

To Faza and my other schoolmates reading this blog, those I saw at the wedding were Adzmir, Shep, Hafiz Musa and Junieza (they came together, sat next to each other, and chatted together all the time: are they a couple now???), Norlin, Fazrina, Azah, Izuin and Izlin, and 2 persons that I forgot their names. :P

How was the nikah? Splendid. And I'm impressed that Mizan recited the lafaz nikah once, without any repetition. Well, there was only this one time lah where the imam/kadi (which one eh?) wanted Uncle Minhat to repeat his part of the lafaz because Mizan did not say "Saya" when Uncle Minhat recited Mizan's full name. I think it's required as an acknowledgement sign by Mizan that he understands that Uncle Minhat is reciting the lafaz nikah to Mizan and no one else.

But after that incident, everything else was smooth and fluid. No repetitions, interruptions, whatsoever. I'm impressed! I hope when it's my time, I'm like that also. :)


Posted by Nikman Shah at 1:09 pm
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...