The past 2 weeks...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

2 weeks? Yup, 2 weeks have passed since my last update. Sorry for not posting anything last weekend. I know it was a long holiday, but I just didn't seem to have enough time to update. Nope, I didn't go for any vacation whatsoever. Just stayed at home.

So, how was my 2nd week working? Same ol' thing I did in week 1: followed the Engineering Support team and observed how they perform testing, how to judge whether data obtained from those test are OK or NG (Not Good), etc. Also learned a bit about the testing equipment themselves.

During my 3rd week at Panasonic (well technically only 2 days: last Thursday and Friday), I was assigned to follow the Prototype team, where I was tasked to learn how they create prototypes to be used for testing and for samples to be sent to customers. Again, the keyword here is I learned only, and didn't actually create a sample myself, and the reason I don't want to do so is to avoid making a malfunctioning compressor and thus wasting the team's time and resources. But I'm sure my supervisor will again take me to task for not actually performing any hands-on work. Sukati aku la, my mind would say. Heheh.

But I am a bit worried because another team's leader said to me that I have to prepare a presentation of my training to the Director and the MD. Haiyoo... I hope I won't be grilled due to the fact that I didn't perform much hands-on work during my training.

And speaking about work, how was the results of my Motorola interview? I don't know. It has been 2 weeks since the interview, and I have yet to receive any correspondence, verbal, digital, or in writing, from them. I'm making myself believe that it's the long holidays that are blocking those Motorola HR people from giving me a prompt reply. But I digress (Digressing to myself? What a weird way to think... :P), because I've contacted an acquaintance I met during the Motorola interview, and he said some of his friends that went to the same interview session have already received job offers from Motorola.

Looks like I'll have to contact them myself then. Does anyone have Motorola Penang's HR Department's contact details? My interviewer told me to contact HR if I have yet to receive any reply from them after 2 weeks.

Enough about work then. What did I do during the long Chinese New Year and Awal Muharram holidays? Nothing much. I spent those holidays just staying at home. Actually, last Saturday and Sunday, I balik kampung. That's the only trip I and my family made. Apart from that, I stayed at home, cherishing the free time I had for rest and relaxation. Before the usual 7.45 to 5.20 grind restarts itself. As it has now.

Oh yeah, I received my very 1st payslip on 27th of January 2006. A very momentous event, it was. Hehe. Marks my graduation from a parents' allowance consumer to a self-earned income consumer.

Hmm... technically, I'm still not totally independent yet, but at the very least, from now on I will be earning the money I use for my own purchases. :)

Next update: to be expected in 1 week's time! Unless something important happened beforehand, of course. :)


Posted by Nikman Shah at 9:06 pm
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...