What a misunderstanding!

Monday, March 20, 2006

I have cooled down a bit. The calmer & wiser side of me have given these resignation decisions a little bit more to think about. Make no mistake: I will resign before I go to either TNB or Motorola. But the key thing here is just WHEN.

I have thought about it & felt that resigning now, without any confirmation from TNB that they will call me for an interview, would be too drastic a decision. If I were to choose Motorola pun, my reporting date is still months away (12th June to be exact). So what would I do in between? Menganggur? That would definitely not look good at my CV, since potential employers would definitely ask why have I resigned without any other offers in the wings? If I were to say Motorola's my offer-in-waiting, they would still ask, "That's still quite some time away: why resign too soon?" What's sooooo big a problem with my current company that I can't wait until near my reporting date for Motorola baru nak resign? That really made me think...

Also, not forgetting that I will be jobless while searching for another job. What would my parents think? I mean, kesian la kat diorang, coz I already have a job previously. It would be irresponsible of me to suddenly stop my job tiba2 & menganggur.

So, to avoid those potential problems, I think that I will wait at most until 1 week before my probation period ends. Then I'll resign, unless of course I really cannot tahan the job any more. But for now, I feel that I can still be sabar about it.

Anyway, what is the 'misunderstanding' in my title about? Well, last Friday, Mooke helped set me up for an interview with her bosses ( Thanks Mooke! :))) ). I don't want to confuse / bore you guys with the details of the way things went; suffice to say that one person thought one way, another person thought another way, and I thought yet another way.

So when the time for the scheduled interview came, I totally missed it! The person in charge of scheduling the interview called me right at the time that I was supposed to be interviewed (6 pm today) and she thought that I didn't want to attend the interview. Sorry akak, but I thought my interview was supposed to be after lunch!. Oh well, she understood that all this was a total misunderstanding, and she said she'll see what she can do next, whether I can be fitted into any other sessions.

I really hope I would. I'd love to work for an oil & gas company, what's more, in KJ to boot! :)

But tatau lah whether those bosses will still accept my rescheduling the interview. After all, my initial schedule was supposed to be after office hours, which they had to inconveniently set aside some time for me. Terasa macam takkan jer diorang nak set another similar time for me. AGAIN.

Oh well, here's hoping they would.

Thanks again Mooke! Sorry for the confusion though...


Posted by Nikman Shah at 7:00 pm
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...