Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wow. Time really flies. Let me look back at my last real post... 4 months ago??? Waaay before the World Cup, even. Not surprisingly, lots have happened since then, so without delay, let's go on shall we?

ABOUT MY WORK (If you're less interested about it, look for the next heading below - it's a huge announcement!)

First things first: my dear blog readers, you guys (if you've read my previous entries), of all people, should have known that I have been thinking of resigning from my current company since March (around 2 months since I started working there). So, what happened? Did I follow through with my action plan? NO. Yup, you read it right, no.

No??? Well, the thing is, I've been feeling more and more comfortable with my job. I know, the future of a manufacturing environment is not that positive (with China being an ever-growing threat consisting of cheap labour), and the fact that my so-called R&D job experience is not a very impressive thing that can be explained during job interviews, haven't yet left my mind. I know my current company is not something that I look forward to in the future. The most, I think I'll only be staying here for 2 years. That's the maximum limit.

Back to what I was saying. I'm feeling more comfortable with my job. I've known what problems to expect, how to solve, whom to refer to when a problem arises, whom to please, whom to never ever displease, etc. I can't yet say that my job is a cinch, but at least I'm not as pressurised as I was within the first 3 months of my employment here. And I must say the starting pay (and my current pay) is very satisfying.

However, the manufacturing industry's salary scale is not as attractive as the oil & gas industry's: that is why I'm very much thinking of moving to an oil & gas companies. But before that, a I've went to a lot of interviews ever since I started to work. Let me list them down here:
  1. Motorola R&D Penang - Rejected the offer given to me
  2. Protank - Didn't pass the interview
  3. Schlumberger - Didn't pass the 2nd stage of interview
  4. OYL Manufacturing - Rejected the offer given to me
  5. KNM - Rejected the offer given to me
That's about it. Went to 5 interviews, failed 2, offered 3 jobs, but rejected them all. With reasons, of course. Am I too choosy? I don't know... but I certainly feel that they're not suitable for me... either the pay is too low compared to my current job, or the location is too far away, or sometimes because of some other non-quantifiable factors, too.

But let's not despair. I'll wait for better job offers. As I said before, I'm seriously targeting oil & gas companies. Ranhill gave me a call this morning and said that my CV has just been passed to their hiring manager. Good then. I'll try my best for that interview, and pray and hope for the best.

THE HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT (As mentioned above! ;))

Enough about work then. What huge announcement? Let's go straight to the point: I'm engaged! Yup, I finally have a lovely fiancee, and next year, I'll be married, insyaAllah... The date? 3rd February, 2007. Can't wait for it though. I'm loving every moment of my engaged life. Trying to get closer to my fiancee Kimmy's family, making them feel comfortable having me as part of their life. And also in the process of doing the same thing for Kimmy with my family.

Can't wait to feel how married life is. So far I've only been thinking about it, but experiencing it is another matter altogether. Well, that's the huge announcement la. Hehe. Nothing else. I'd love to put pictures of my engagement ceremony, but haven't yet selected which of them to be copied from my photographer Ezwan, so will put that on hold first. :)

Till my next update guys! Thanks for reading!


Posted by Nikman Shah at 2:41 am
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...