Another (approx.) 2 years on...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Unbelievable. In my last blog posting, I mentioned it won't be 2 more years to my next post. As it turns out, it is 2 years since then.

Well, almost 2 years. 1 year 4 months to be exact.

What has happened since then?

1. My wife gave birth to our cute little baby boy! Probably little is a bit understating it, but he is cute, handsome and lovable nonetheless!
2. I still work in Sarawak in the oil & gas industry, but have changed departments. Previously was in Wells, now in Maintenance Engineering. Nothing interesting to blog about jobs; just leave it at that.
3. Except when I mention I think I will still be doing job searching! For those that haven't resigned from any companies before in their lifetime, they would feel that it is "crazy" to want to do job hopping. In my case however, having jumped twice (this being my third company), I think job hopping is a necessity. Provided you don't do it too often, and having collected all the important experiences wherever you hopped from, of course. Job-hopping helps you go up the corporate ladder much easier than going the internal route (i.e. by getting promoted), as you can avoid all the internal office politics and focus more on getting your paste experiences and performance being the main seller in your pitch to get the next job (preferably upwards in position).

Considering the sum I get now as opposed to what even my local managers got in PCRADM last time, I think I will most definitely stay in the oil & gas industry for the foreseeable future.

Plus also the reason being I want a job in KL; hence the current effort of trying to move out from Sarawak.

Life really do flash by in an instant. Again I pose this question to myself (and any possibly existent user - ARE THERE ANY?), what might happen in another 2 years?

Interesting...

Time to sleep now. See ya (hopefully before 2 years!)


Posted by Nikman Shah at 12:22 am
|

***


Google

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

I'm an average guy, what else? ;)

Some rantings...

Ideas For Life? Hehe. That's where I work. ;)

Comments anyone...?


My friends and I...

My Website (under construction)
Jan's
Burn's
Faza's
Lini's
Lin's
Juju's
Indra's
Faizan's
Hizam's
Ecstacy's
Kak An's
Nick Prose's
Ezwann's
Mooke's
Wanie's
Aisyah's
Yati's
Abu's
Nik's
Nisa's
Syah's
Teek's
Jordan's
Lutfi's
Syah's
Pakdi's
Ikrom's
B's
Carlotta's
Ezz's
Jojo's
Marina's

Credits...

blogger for engine.
blogskins for the skins.
serendipityq for layout.
hello for the hello program.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

My archives...